Basically, the Brisbane is a hot grilled wrap. Its a great leftovers dinner for the next day. Chicken, pork, shrimp, roast + cheeze + Veggies + condiment. It is something I used to get all the time when I wan in Australia from Halal Middle Eastern fast food stalls. They just called it a kebab, I call it after the city I always ate them in, Brisbane, Australia.
– chop up a bunch of wrap-able veggies
– shred your leftover meat of choice (or sandwich meat), then pan fry in a bit of oil (for colour and to reheat)
– place heated meat in the middle of a large tortilla (I use the fancy wrap varieties such as Sun Dried Tomato and Basil, Spinich, Jalapeno and cheese, etc)
– Add your cheese choice. Then veggies.
– Add your condiment of choice (salsa, salad dressing, BBQ sauce, teriyaki, etc), + spices (salt n pepper, italian blend, etc)
– fold the end of the tortilla forward, then both sides around the top to make a little sammich pouch.
– Place wrap on griddle/pan. place something heavy like a bacon press on the top. Lightly brown the tortilla and then repeat on other side if you do not have an actual sandwich press (who can say uni-tasker?).
The Brisbane should keep its flat shape after being grilled, and can be eaten like a sandwich. Enjoy!
This particular Brisbane is made from leftover rotisserie chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion, mushroom, bell pepper, monterrey cheese, Italian seasoning and BBQ sauce.